ANZ has recruited over 1000 Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander trainees and employees in branches across Australia since 2003.
We believe that investing in training and supporting Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities provides opportunities for talented individuals to grow and opens the door to a rewarding career with ANZ.
School Based Traineeships
The Indigenous school based traineeship program provides young Indigenous Australians with the opportunity to work at ANZ while they are still at school. The traineeship equips them with skills and experience necessary to help them complete their education and gain entry into the workforce. Watch the below video to see how you can start your career at ANZ as a school based trainee.
While completing year 11 and year 12 studies, trainees will:
- work at least one day a week in an ANZ branch
- receive an income while learning new skills
- achieve a National Certificate qualification
- be supported by ANZ staff and Aboriginal mentors
- potentially be considered for career opportunities with ANZ or other opportunities at the end of their traineeship.
Interested in applying?
Applications for the 2016 program are now open. To register your interest either talk with your school Careers Advisor about any upcoming visit by one of our Group Training Organisation partners or email us directly at email@example.com. Remember to include your name and the location where you would like to work, and confirm you are currently in year 10 at school. Not all ANZ branches recruit for trainees, but if there is a position at a branch near you, you will be considered.
Applications close on 31 August 2015.
Personal Banker (full time) Traineeships
Personal banker traineeships are completed over, on average, 18 months. In that time:
- you will be working in an ANZ branch full time (with up to 3 hours of paid study time per week)
- you will be supported by a dedicated ANZ team and Indigenous mentors
- you will develop excellent sales and customer service skills
- you will complete a Certificate III qualification in Financial Services
After completing your traineeship there could be a world of opportunities to explore at ANZ.
Interested in applying?
To be successful you will need to have either completed:
- Year 12 education (or equivalent); or
- Year 10 (or equivalent) with some customer service experience.
To apply for available roles please go to our Job Search portal and search on “Traineeships”. You can also create a profile on the portal to be notified about upcoming opportunities.