Applications for the 2015 ANZ Graduate Program have now closed
Applying for the ANZ Graduate Program is simple. Before you begin your application, ensure that you've got all the required information on hand. See our application tips.
The application form asks you for several written responses, most importantly why you want to work at ANZ.
Applicants meeting the eligibility criteria will then progress to online assessment. The final stage will be attending an assessment centre.
Our Graduate program is designed for recent graduates and students who are in their final year of university. You are eligible to apply for the program if you:
- hold Australian or New Zealand citizenship, or New Zealand permanent residency.
- are in your final year of university or have graduated from university within the last two years.
- have achieved at least a credit result (65%) in your degree.
The ANZ Graduate Program is competitive. Applicants who are most prepared will go the furthest. The following tips will help your prepare for the entire process:
- Do your research - Familiarise yourself as much as possible about ANZ. Study the ANZ Annual Reports and our mission statements. Also ensure you research the program stream you're applying for. You'll be asked questions about it along the way.
- Plan, plan, plan - Take some time to carefully craft and draft your CV and each answer in the application. Small mistakes can detract from a great application.
- Be professional but personable - We expect all our applicants to be professional and articulate. But we still want to get to know you. Write your answers formally, but don't be afraid of letting your passion and excitement shine through.
- Give yourself at least 60 minutes to complete the online application.
- Plan your application and don't leave it to the last minute.
- Complete your personal details in full so we can contact you easily.
- Update your contact details if they change.
If you have met the eligibility requirements you will progress through to our online assessment phase.
Tips for completing the online assessments:
- Ensure you are well rested and relaxed
- Don't assume you know what to do. Read the test instructions clearly and have a go at the practice tests
- Work quickly and accurately. If you are unsure of your answer, select your best choice
- Keep as calm as you can. Some anxiety is normal. Take a deep breath if you're nervous
- Endeavour to complete the tests in a quiet place that enables you to concentrate to the best of your ability.
If we're interested in progressing, we'll get in touch with you to ask you to attend a session at our assessment centre. At the assessment centre, there will be a variety of activities, as well as a one on one interview.
There will also be an opportunity for you to learn more about ANZ, and our graduate program, via a presentation and from interacting with current graduates and the graduate team.
Assessment centre and interview tips:
- Remember to bring your passport (or drivers license and original birth certificate)
- Carefully listen to your assessor's instructions and read all the information provided
- Be prepared and do your research
- Show enthusiasm
- Be punctual
- Know exactly where you have to go
- Practice answering potential competency interview questions with friends and family. It really helps!
- Think about how you'll describe your most important achievements
- Make sure you get your strengths across in a factual, sincere manner
- An interview is a two-way street. Have some questions ready
- Speak clearly and confidently
- If you don't understand a question, ask for clarification
- Dress professionally
- Check out all the helpful tips and information about competency interviews on the Internet.